Honey Walnut Shrimp
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup walnut halves
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp condensed milk
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- In a small saucepan, add the water and bring to boil.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Add the walnuts and toss until the consistency becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and transfer to parchment paper to dry. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Dip the shrimp into the beaten egg, then coat with cornstarch.
- Deep fry the shrimp until lightly golden and crispy.
- Combine the honey, mayonnaise, and condensed milk in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the mixture.
- Transfer to a plate, top with the sweet walnut halves. Serve while hot with fried rice or just plain rice.
Adapted from damndelicious