Chinese Style Crispy Pork Belly
- 1 lb pork belly
- 5 cups of water
- 4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp rock salt
- Boil water with 2 teaspoon of salt in a pot.
- Add the pork belly and cook until tender. Around 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the remaining salt, sugar, five spice powder, and ground black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- When the pork is tender, remove from pot and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rub the seasoning to the meat not coating the skin.
- Poke the skin with fork and wipe dry the excess fat from skin with paper towel
- Place in a small rack over a baking pan.
- Rub the skin with rock salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Slice and serve.