French Toast Bites
- 3 slices thick white bread
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple syrup, divided
- 4-5 pcs strawberry
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp confectioners’ sugar
- Cut the bread into cubes (9 squares per bread).
- In a bowl, combine and whisk the milk, egg, vanilla, and ½ tsp maple syrup.
- Heat the butter in the medium heat pan.
- Dip the bread into the milk and egg mixture. Careful not to soak the bread more than a minute as it will absorb to much liquid.
- Fry the bread in the pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Place in a plate with the sliced fresh strawberries.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve with the remaining maple syrup.