- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed in the fridge
- ½ cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp of sour cream
- 1 egg, separate the yolk and beat the egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, egg yolk, lemon zest, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Flour the board and roll the pastry out into 10x10 inches. Divide and cut it into 4 equal parts.
- Take a tbsp of the filling and place on the center of each square.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg whites.
- Take the two opposite corners of the pastry into the middle and pinch to stick together.
- Transfer into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Brush the top of the cheese danish with egg whites.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Adapted from laurainthekitchen