Stuffed French Toast
- 6 slices of thick white bread
- Filling of your choice: cream cheese and apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- strawberries (optional)
- In a bowl, combine and whisk the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Spread the cream cheese on a slice of bread. Close the sandwich with another slice of bread spread with apricot preserves. Repeat the step on the remaining white bread.
- Heat the butter in the skillet on medium heat.
- Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture then fry in the skillet for 4 minutes on each side.
- Top with strawberries (optional).
- Serve with maple syrup.